49 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry are planned at Universities and Colleges throughout the UK and Ireland between March and June. A school may enter one team of four students from:
• Year 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
• Year P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
• Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
• Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
• Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in University/College labs
• Carrying out investigations “like a real Chemist”
• Team working and independent problem solving
• Amazing chemical demonstrations
• Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
• Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
• Hear what the Salters’ Institute is doing
• Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
• A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
• Participate in CPD opportunities
Only £25 (€30) per school (non-refundable) plus travel expenses.
Don't miss out on participating in one of these fantastic events!
We would like to thank all those who kindly participated in our survey in the autumn to help review the Festivals of Chemistry.
For those schools who completed the survey and entered our prize draw to bring a team to a Festival of Chemistry 2016 free of charge, we are delighted to announce the two winners are:
Ss John Fisher & Thomas More Roman Catholic High School, Lancashire
Kilsyth Academy, Lanarkshire