SALTERS' NATIONAL AWARDS FOR SCIENCE TECHNICIANS 2016
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
We are delighted to announce that for 2016 these awards are in collaboration with both CLEAPSS and SSERC. The aim of the Awards continues to be about highlighting the importance of technicians in enabling high quality practical work to take place but, this year, the emphasis is on promoting and supporting the professional learning and upskilling of technician teams*.
*Don’t worry if you’re the sole technician in a school or college - you’re still eligible!
The awards will be made as follows:
- 1 winning team: £2000
- 4 runners-up: £500 for each team
Apply online now!
To apply for the Salters’ National Awards for Science Technicians 2016, all you need to do is complete an online application form providing brief details about you/your team and giving a brief account explaining why you/your team would benefit from receiving an award.
Click here for further details and to find out how to apply online now.
The closing date for initial applications will be Friday 20 May 2016.
Click here to view our publicity leaflet.
PLACES STILL AVAILABLE AT SALTERS' FESTIVALS OF CHEMISTRY 2016
Although the closing date has passed, places may still be available at the Festival of your choice! Enter now!
49 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry are planned at Universities and Colleges throughout the UK and Ireland between March and June. A school may enter one team of four students from:
• Year 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
• Year P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
• Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
• Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
Students will experience…
• Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in University/College labs
• Carrying out investigations “like a real Chemist”
• Team working and independent problem solving
• Amazing chemical demonstrations
• Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
• Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
Calling all Chemistry Teachers…
• Hear what the Salters’ Institute is doing
• Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
• A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
• Participate in CPD opportunities
Only £25 (€30) per school (non-refundable) plus travel expenses.
Don't miss out on participating in one of these fantastic events!
INSTITUTE AWARDS CEREMONY 2015
This prestigious annual event celebrates high levels of excellence within the science education sector. This year the Ceremony took place at Fishmongers’ Hall on Tuesday 15 December 2015. Over 170 guests attended the Prizegiving Ceremony and lunch reception.
Professor Sir John Holman, Chairman of The Salters’ Institute delivered a keynote address and presented the Awards at the Ceremony.
Awards were presented for the Salters’ Graduate Prizes, SALTERS-CLEAPSS National Awards for Science Technicians, Salters-Nuffield Advanced Biology (SNAB) Prizes, Salters Advanced Chemistry (SAC) Prizes, Salters Horners Advanced Physics (SHAP) Prizes and Salters’ City and Guilds Prizes.