THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO ATTEND A SALTERS' FESTIVAL OF CHEMISTRY!
PLACES STILL AVAILABLE AT SALTERS' FESTIVALS OF CHEMISTRY 2016
Although the closing date has passed, places may still be available at the Festival of your choice! Enter now!
49 Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry are planned at Universities and Colleges throughout the UK and Ireland between March and June. A school may enter one team of four students from:
• Year 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
• Year P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
• Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
• Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
Students will experience…
• Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in University/College labs
• Carrying out investigations “like a real Chemist”
• Team working and independent problem solving
• Amazing chemical demonstrations
• Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
• Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
Calling all Chemistry Teachers…
• Hear what the Salters’ Institute is doing
• Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
• A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
• Participate in CPD opportunities
Only £25 (€30) per school (non-refundable) plus travel expenses.
Don't miss out on participating in one of these fantastic events!
FREE LECTURE BY SIR JOHN HOLMAN
Flagship Lecture Series: Ten unanswered questions in (science) education
Sir John Holman will be addressing ‘Ten unanswered questions in (science) education’ in a lecture at the University of Hertfordshire’s de Havilland campus on March 16.
The evening, the latest in a series of flagship lectures organised by the university’s School of Education, is being held in partnership with the STEM Learning Centre, Bayfordbury.
Date & time: 17:30-18:30 Wed 16 March (refreshments from 17.00)
Venue: Room N001, de Havilland Campus, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, Herts AL10 9EU
Admission and parking: Free! (Permits will be emailed to those registered closer to the event)